The end of a long week beckons. Still working, about two and a half hours left before I can punch out. Not much time to post stuff. So here’s a quick list of junk I like
1. Dinosaur Jr. Emo rock as it should be: riddled with 1970s style epic guitar solos.
2. Snowman cookies: the wife got ’em and I loved him. Crunched all the Frosties down to crumbs!
3. Adding a brick of knowledge to the halls of scholarship: the bio I’m writing is not only fascinating, but relevant. Who would have thought this science historian from Canada would end up writing about guerrilla warfare? What the hell does that mean I’m going to write next???
4. Tom Waits’ Frank’s Wild Years: Bought it years ago but never gave it the attention it needed. Damn, lots of terrific stuff. Love these lyrics “I drink a thousand shipwrecks! Tonight I steal your paychecks!”
5. Revisions: the only new words I’m adding is to a novel already written. Always takes a while to get in the rhythm of revisions. Instead of thinking “everything I do is crap”, it becomes, “how can I make this more awesome”! From words, to structure, to character, revisions are great stuff and not the enemy of quality that some writers think.
That’s it. Back at it. Carry on, troops, and have a good weekend.